Thursday, August 25, 2011

All Grown up!





Well...my kindergartener made it and came home with smiles, giggles and stories.  I on the other hand did not do so well yesterday.  Sending your child away on a school bus for the first time is the hardest thing I have ever had to do.  I have now worn the shoes of a parent of a kindergartener and it puts everything in perspective.  I kept reminding myself all day (with the help of my husband) that he is fine and to imagine what I would be doing with my class on the first day of school.  What a day!
Charlie apparently got to visit the Library, he painted a fish with one special scale (The Rainbow Fish), he listened to the "Kissing Hand".  He heard music and had centers.  He told his Daddy, " It's just that I don't really like the Housekeeping Center."  We also asked if his teacher had to "talk" to him during the day and remind him to follow the rules.  It took awhile for him to open up but before falling asleep he said, "Mommy, you can tell Daddy but don't tell Mary Kate.  I banged the Choo Choo Trains on the track and made them crash and she said....pause....Don't do that."My sweet boy, let's hope he is always this honest.  So, the reality has hit me, he does this everyday, 5 days a week.   Here we go!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment