Monday, August 16, 2010

Down by the Bay

Another amazing weekend.  This one took place at the Chesapeake Bay.  Nick's old buddy has a family cottage on the water and it is everything a summer cottage should be!  Our pal was nice enough to invite us and the kids to hang for the weekend.  The kids all got along great, the boys splashed, jumped, raced, swam and ran...the whole time! I got to finish my summer read, #2 Catching Fire (The Hunger Games) and now I am hungry for more!  Mockingjay is released next week and I already have it pre-ordered on Amazon.  Back to the bay, we had perfect weather.  Dad's got to fish and the crab pots caught 46 crabs!  Oh, Nicky was in heaven.  Turns out Charlie loves crab too.  However, on the way home he informed us that he was allergic to Lobster.  Apparently they make him cough, who knew?  So my children love to swim in the ocean and play in the sand.  I am so glad we had the opportunity to fulfill this love for them.  Thank you to our pals! 

2 comments:

  1. Charlie's head in the sand--my fav! Glad you had a chance to read (Jenna raved about those books), get sun and relax with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT PICTURES! LOOKS LIKE FUN BY ALL, AND THE CRABS MAKE ME WANT TO GO OUT AND BUY SOME. EVEN IF THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AND DON'T FIT INTO THE BUDGET.LOL

    ReplyDelete