Tuesday, December 15, 2009

meaning



I want christmas to be meaningful for my children, memorable with traditions and filled with joy.  I don't remember much of what was under my Christmas tree but I remember going to get our trees, my stockings and fondue on Christmas eve.  I remember the traditions.  And so... that is my focus for my children.  Not so much as what will be under the tree, but things I can do to make Christmas memorable.

I have to find a peaceful place as an adult when it comes to gift giving to others.  I tend to feel insecure about our financial ability to give the "perfect gift" without it being meaningless and cheap.  Nick says to "use your head, heart and hands" to create the perfect gift. So, with my husbands inspiration, I will hopefully find motivation this weekend to create or find "the perfect gift" for others. 




No comments:

Post a Comment